I am so excited! After having such a cold and snowy winter, spring will be here in a few days. We’re already hearing Spring Peepers in the evening and early morning here. Some of my crocuses are starting to bloom. And, of course, birds are up chirping bright and early.
Spring is one of my favorite times of the year. I love to garden and be outside doing various activities. If you are someone who loves to get outside when the weather turns warm and beautiful, you might want to make yourself a Skin Care Shopping List. Here are a few items on my shopping list:
1. Facial Anti-Aging Moisturizer with an SPF of at least 15 or maybe 20. I want to be able to protect myself from the sun’s rays and pollutants in the air.
2. Foundation with an SPF of at least 15. I probably will have two varieties. One that is a medium coverage foundation and another foundation that has a light coverage with a slight tint. I usually prefer the latter, as it doesn’t feel heavy on my skin on the hotter days of summer.
3. Next, I want to protect myself from Deer Ticks and Mosquitoes. Therefore, I want to make sure I have lots of Bug Guard on hand. I’ll have one with that is a lotion with an SPF of 30 and the other will be a spray that does not contain sunscreen. I am a huge fan of Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus. It is Deet Free and its ingredients are plant based.
4. For those occasions, when I do pay homage to the sun gods without my sunscreen, I will make sure I have an after sun care lotion with aloe. This will help reduce peeling and dry skin.
5. I will be adding a lip balm and/or lip conditioner with an SPF of 15. Of course, I will be careful not to over use. Have you read my article “Are Your Lips Addicted to Lip Balm”?
6. Lastly, if you’re like me, your feet will be making their debut soon in sandals, flip flops and open-toe shoes. I’ll be getting an exfoliating Foot Scrub and an Overnight Renewing Foot Cream. If you tend to walk in bare feet often, it’s also a good idea to have on hand a Cracked Heal Relief Cream.
Well, I think my list covers everything from “head to toe”, unless you can think of anything else. What would you add?